I’m Jake and I want to live with a family. I love my football & gymnastics and I really want a family who will take me to practice. My family are very important to me and I need my carers to understand this.
All about Jake…
- Jake is real sporty 13 year old boy who loves to play football and practice gymnastics – which he shows a real talent for.
- He also loves his music and all the new tunes.
- Jake also loves his X-box (what teenage boy doesn’t!).
- Due to Jake’s early experiences, he has learnt from a very young age to look after himself and his own emotions. This makes it very hard for Jake to understand that adults are here to look after him and make decisions for his welfare. We are working hard with Jake to understand this and to help him to manage his relationships and behaviour better.
- Jake has made such good progress in the last six months and we, and he, now feels ready for a long term foster family.
- Jake has diabetes but manages this well. Jake eats and sleeps well and has no health concerns.
- Jake attends a school for children with emotional and behavioural difficulties but is a very intelligent boy. There is a possibility that he could return to mainstream school soon as his behaviour has improved so much.
- We will welcome and consider ALL enquiries from families and carers who are interested in offering care for Jake. Ideally, we would like a family with no other younger children.
- Carers would need to have lots of time to offer Jake a safe, secure and positive family life.
- Carers would need to maintain and encourage Jake’s contact with his birth family which is very important to Jake, this is currently 6 times a year with parents and monthly contact with his siblings.
Could you care for Jake or a child like him? Click here for a free information pack.
*Picture posed by model