There are lots of great reasons to choose Warrington when you’re considering fostering, here are just a few:
- Our generous weekly allowances range from £295 to £495, per child, per week. We support you to provide the most vulnerable children in our area with a good standard of living whilst they’re in your care.
- We pay the £495/week allowance to carers providing placements for children with significant additional needs and meeting certain criteria, and carers taking 6-day emergency placements.
- We have two, brand new Ford Galaxy 7-seater people-carriers, FREE for you to use, for up to two weeks at a time.
- Warrington Fostering Service was inspected by Ofsted in August 2013. The outcome was ‘good’ with a judgement of ‘outstanding’ for outcomes for children and young people. The report praised the service for their child-centred approach, “very high calibre foster carers”, the educational success of children in care and the high standards of staffing and leadership. The full report is available to view on the Ofsted website.
- We are committed to the personal development of all carers and offer comprehensive training in a wide range of child-related subjects including paediatric first aid, safeguarding, recording skills, attachment and autism.
- Our own foster carer support group hold monthly coffee mornings and organise social events and fun activities for all carers and their families, including trips and parties, soft play takeovers, pantomimes and much more!
- Every year we hold a big celebration for children in care and recent care leavers, ensuring that all their achievements are formally recognised, at a fun, child- centred event. We also recognise the achievements of our foster carers at this event with some light-hearted awards- many, such as ‘Chef of the Year’, are cooked up by our children.
- All our foster carers receive full membership to the Fostering Network – a national organisation who provide specialist support to foster carers including legal services, training, forums, campaigning and more. In addition to your membership, Warrington also pay for an Independent Mediation and Advice Worker, who works for the Fostering Network and you can speak to her over the phone, via email or face-to-face to discuss any issues confidentially if you need to.
- Our mentoring scheme is receiving rave reviews from our new carers. We match all new carers to an experienced foster carer, to help guide them through the assessment process and provide informal, friendly support throughout the first year and beyond.
- Each foster carer has a dedicated supervising social worker and access to a 24-hour out of hours emergency duty team, based in Warrington. There’s also a social worker on duty in the office every day- so you’re always supported and never on your own.
- When children are formally matched to foster carers long-term, we hold a matching ceremony, with tea, cakes and the child’s favourite foods on hand. They’re presented with a personalised certificate to mark the occasion that they can keep and proudly display on their bedroom wall if they wish.
- We provide all the equipment you’ll need if you don’t have it already, such as beds, bedroom furniture, car seats, prams and stair gates for example.
- We have a foster carers committee, that you can join if you wish. The committee get their own annual budget to organise activities and events for children and young people.
- Our foster carer forums are held once every quarter. These are meetings where foster carers, social workers and senior management sit round a table to discuss things we can do to make our service even better.
- All of our foster carers now have access to Warrington Rewards, a dedicated website that offers discounts, cash back and special offers on a fantastic range of local and national retailers, restaurants and leisure outlets. This currently includes 10% off at Boots, Debenhams and Costa, and even bigger discounts such as 20% off at Goldsmiths the Jewellers!
- Our dedicated Facebook page www.facebook.com/warringtonfostering is a great place to keep up to date with the latest news, activities and legislation. Drop us a ‘like’ to find out more.
- Our foster carers have access to a members area of our website, where they can find copies of all our policies, procedures, forms and documents at the click of a button.
- All of our carers receive a Max Card, that you can present at various attractions to obtain discounts.
- We have a close-knit, stable and experienced team, with low staff turnover and high morale! We work hard to ensure that you are supported to the highest possible standard, so you can provide the highest levels of care to our children.
- We recently received this compliment from one of our foster carers, Dave. We think this speaks volumes:
‘Our supervising social worker, our child’s social worker and the team manager, – these three are exactly the reason why we moved from an independent fostering agency. They are not only very professional, but what really impresses us is that they really care, this is not just a job with them. It obviously means much more to them than that. Everything they say they will do, actually gets done, without us having to remind them. They certainly go the extra mile, in fact, a bit more. They are always positive and full of drive. They deserve a great big thanks from us. Please feature this compliment in any way you can, if it encourages just one more person to come forward and give fostering a go, it will be worth it!’
- We’re part of You Can Foster,the North West’s regional recruitment project. The 23 Local Authorities in the region are working together to recruit more foster carers over the next year. Our new campaign ‘Ambition’ has just launched, keep your eyes peeled for our advert on ITV!
We’re constantly working to develop our service, keep checking back for more updates.
Already a foster carer?
Great news: We’re getting more and more enquiries from existing foster carers who want to transfer to Warrington Borough Council.
Our carers Sally and Terry, Jackie and Bob, Ulrike and Mike, Jenny and Terry, Dave and Kay… and many more have all successfully transferred to Warrington and never looked back.
We have successfully transferred many carers in the last year both with and without children in placement. If you’re interested in finding out more about transferring, give our recruitment officer Tara a call on 01925 444100 or drop her an email at: email@example.com.
We’ll send you an information pack within 1 working day and if you wish, will arrange to come out and see you, confidentially, to discuss the transfer process.
Many existing carers worry that the process will be a lot of upheaval, but we can reassure you that the process is very simple and something we do frequently.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead and given your written consent (and you’ve given your agency the heads up), we do an update to your assessment report and will request a copy of your latest review. We’ll always speak sensitively and openly with you and your current service. We aim to have you transferred within a month or two at most. In most cases you won’t need to do any additional training. We know you’re already undertaking the role! As you can’t be a foster carer with more than one service at a time, we do the transfer from one to the other on the same day. It’s all very slick and efficient.
So if you’re hoping to foster children that are more local to you, or want to transfer for another reason, please get in touch, we’d love to speak to you.
Talk to us about matching your fees!
Interested? Want to find out more?
We hold regular information sessions for people who are interested in fostering want to find out more. The sessions only last an hour or so, are very informal and allow us to explain all about fostering for Warrington and answer your questions. As well as members of our team you will also be able to speak to some of our foster carers who will give you their first hand experience of what it’s like to foster.
Please note, it is not appropriate for young children to attend the information sessions.
Our sessions are held at Orford Park Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub, Jubilee Way, Orford, Warrington, WA2 8HE and our next dates are listed below:
You do not need to book your place on one of our sessions, just pop along. If you have ANY queries about attending or anything relating to your enquiry, please give us a call on 01925 444 100.